Since I haven’t posted anything since before Thanksgiving I guess I should finally write something.
Wanna hear about driving from Maybrook to Middletown to Brooklyn and back to Maybrook on Thanksgiving? No?
What about the epic amounts of laundry I did last on Black Friday? Not so much?
The link between potty training and Batman? Not interested, huh?
Hmmm… well then I’m tapped for topics. Holiday doldrums I suppose.
Blog link-up it is!! Someone else gets to come up with ideas and I just have to answer questions. Yay!
1. My main goal for this 2013 was:
I had 2.
- Get another Spartan Trifecta and hopefully beat last year’s times. That didn’t happen.
- Complete the Dirt in Your Skirt 13-in13 Challenge. That I did accomplish!
2. My Running Shoes:
- Short road runs (up to 3 miles) – Inov-9 Bare-X Lite 150
- Longer road runs – Altra Intuition 1.5
- OCRs – Inov-8 X-Talon 190
3. Favorite running gear item of 2013:
Snap Infusion Mel Supercandy My oh my how delicious these things are. They have fueled almost all my long runs.
4. Playlist screenshot:
umm… I’m a dork and have been mostly listening to books. Right now I’m listening to Paleofantasy by Marlene Zuk, but if you want a peak into one of my running playlists:
5. Number of races: Break it down:
3k – 0
5k – 8
10k – 0
Half – 0
Marathon – 0 (+1 DNF trail marathon)
Other: OCR/mud runs – 5 (+1 DNF); Virtual Runs – 8;
6. Most difficult race & why:
Spartan Beast. It beat me up physically and the DNF destroyed me emotionally. To fail at something that I know I can do was just not something I handle well.
7. Favorite fun run:
I don’t think I can pick. All the OCRs that I do with my team are fun, even when we are all half-dead on the side of the mountain. But I guess if I had to choose 1, I’d go with the NJ Super Spartan. My Misfits are awesome.
8. Favorite course:
PurpleStride NYC was a very nice course. It was in Riverside Park and had just the perfect amount flat straightaways, small hills, and switchbacks to keep things from getting to boring but not to make it to0 difficult for new runners.
9. Race I want to do again next year:
All of them, except maybe the Superhero Scramble. I do not want to shlep all the way to Roxbury again.
10. Best bling/shirt from a race:
As much as the race itself was a bust, the swag from the Superhero Scramble was pretty darn spiffy.
5K in 29:58 at the Maybrook Autumn Classic. My first ever sub-30!
12. Longest run:
11 miles (hopefully I will hit 14 by the end of the year)
13. Out of state runs:
VT Beast, NJ Super Spartan, MA Sudbury Halloween 5k, PA Dirty Girl Mud Run
14. Total miles ran:
265 according to MapMyRun
15. Favorite motivational/inspirational quote of 2013:
16. Lessons I’ve learned:
That there is a fine line between embracing the suck and screwing yourself over. Pain is my body’s way of telling me something isn’t right and I need to listen to her. She knows better than my stubborn Spartan mindset.
17. Injuries I battled and overcame:
Tibial stress reaction. I was out from the beginning of June until September. MRIs and crutches are not fun (although the hottie X-ray tech wasn’t too bad.)
18. 3-5 Most inspiring people: List their blog, twitter or instagram-wherever you follow them:
I Run for Donuts because she runs and eats yummy stuff! Happy balance acheived!
The T-Rex Runner Yet another blogger who lives healthy while still living and having fun and drinking beer.
Muddy Spartan Princess – because Kathy is just awesome.
19. Favorite place on social media to connect with runners:
I used to be all over the Spartan Chicked Facebook group, but lately the Women’s Running Club – WRC Facebook group has been my go to spot.
20. 2 goals for next year:
- Complete my very first half marathon! Disney World, here I come!!!
- Get that darned Trifecta again.