The Pace of it All shared a post about the contents of her gym bag as a linkup with other bloggers via inlinkz.com. I read it and thought damn that chick is organized and then looked at my gym bag sitting under my desk and though damn that thing is a hot mess
So I will show off my hot mess of a bag. And pardon the dark images, I took them all in secret under my desk.
Here is my gym bag. It is the race day tote from Mile22 Bags.
I had them use all of my OCR bibs from 2012 to make it. It is so incredibly awesome to be able to carry my accomplishments around with me everyday instead of leaving them in a pile in my Hoarders-esque spare bedroom.
Now, the Pace of it All’s bag looked all nice and neat on the inside like a picture straight out of Pinterest. Mine, on the other hand, looks like this:
Inside the bag, you will find:
Running clothes and shoes
- Brooks Ravenna 4 running shoes
- boring athletic socks
- awesome milticolored knee socks
- Under Armour Heat Gear tank in the damn near brightest color I could find
- Cheapo sports bra buried in there somewhere because my good ones are in the baskets of clean laundry that I haven’t put away yet and therefor couldn’t find.
- Under Armour Heat Gear compression shorts
Other running-related stuff
- bottle of water
- ArmPocket which may or may not still contain my headphones. I should probably check on that before I head out.
- 2 sticks of deodorant. Why 2? Because I had one in there that is always in there, and another I through in before my last Spartan Race thinking for some stupid reason that I didn’t already have one in there.
- A SoftCup and a pantyliner. Just in case.
- Cleansing facial cloths
- Sunscreen that never gets used
- A lock
- A knee support because sometimes I have to run on that god-awful treadmill.
- An ice pack that really should be in the freezer right now for use after my run but isn’t because I forgot. Good thing I read that blog this morning or I would never have remembered to do it.
And then there is the…
Completely random crap
- A pair of lab safety glasses. I run during breaks at work and sometimes I forget to take them off the top of my head before heading down to the locker room. I also have random pairs in my car and in my house because of my lack of memory skills.
- My OCR planning calendar.
- Sunglasses that are not my sport sunglasses, so why those are in there and not the fancy Kavu ones that grip my head, I’ll never know.
- A Spartan Race discount card. BEAST35 coupon code (use the link on the right of the page if you want to use it!)
- A Buddhist card thingy that some monk in NYC gave me that somehow made its way out of my purse and into the gym bag.
- A necklace that I must have taken off to run but never put back on
- Purple eyeliner
- A dried out baby wipe covered in dust. I’m assuming X put that there after he helped mommy and daddy clean by wiping every surface in the living room with the wipe. (I threw that out after the photo by the way — yuck)
- Some loose change because that shit will accumulate anywhere
- A coupon for Dick’s Sporting Goods
- An old (paid) orthopedist bill
- And a floof of purple fiber that I think may have been from the purple ribbon I wore in my hair for the PurpleStride NYC run for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
- Not included in the photo was the probable pound and a half of dirt and sand leftover from the Spartan Sprint.
I hope you have enjoyed this little trip into my messy, messy world. I’m going to go report myself to TLC so they can get me on Hoarding: Buried Alive before I get any worse.